Pebble Communicator is a SMS client for Pebble.
Pebble Communicator is an app built so you can read and send SMS without taking out your phone. Isn't that the reason we all have a smartwatch?
(Well, that and because it looks really cool.)
With Pebble Communicator you can even type your own SMS using Tertiary Text, an input method by vgmoose which allows you to write using only Pebble's three buttons.
To run Pebble Communicator you need Android 4.0.0+ running on your phone and Pebble firmware 2.0.0+.
Download it right now!
Version 1.3.0 (Optionally you can download both files - .apk and .pbw - and load them to your phone and watch.)
Pebble Communicator entered the Pebble App Challenge and it was one of the top 16 apps!
Thank you all for voting Communicator. Now tou know you are using one of Pebble's best apps.
Leave your phone on your pocket
With Pebble Communicator, most of your SMS needs can be solved just on your watch - you don't need to take your phone out.
See your last 30 conversations, read the last SMS by each contact and reply to them. All of this on your wrist.
WIY - Write It Yourself
We all know that quick responses (written on your phone) can be useful and the great part of the time answer your needs. The problem is: what about the times they don't?
Pebble Communicator has you covered for both cases. Besides quick responses, you can write your own SMS using Tertiary Text. With Tertiary Text, you can write your own message using only Pebble's three buttons.
Tertiary Text Tips
- Press the middle button three times to write a space.
- Long press the down button to backspace.
- Long press the up button to change between CAPS, lowcase and numbers and symbols. If you long press while selecting a mode, TT will be "locked" on that mode.
Tertiary Text is an awesome input method by vgmoose. You can read more about it on its website.
Action - Reaction
According to Newton's third law, for every action there is a reaction. So it is with Pebble Communicator.
When you send an SMS with Communicator, the status of the SMS is shown on your watch. When your SMS is sent (or an error happens), that will be sent to your watch for you to know.
Also, a delivery report can be sent to your Pebble - only if you want, though, as they can be turned of on the Android app. Because you don't know when your SMS will be delivered, and you have more to do with your watch than let the Communicator app open waiting for that feedback, reports are sent as a Pebble notification.
And, as if that wasn't cool enough, a fancy icon is shown along the status information.
The best part: It's completely free!
Pebble Communicator is absolutely free. No charge for the app, no in-app purchases.
My goal isn't to fill a money bin like Uncle Scrooge, but to make great software to make people happy! And happiness should be free, right?
Buy me a KitKat
Anyway, if you love my work and want to donate something, you're welcome. Usually developers call this section "Buy me a coffee" or "Buy me a beer". I don't drink any of them, but I love chocolate. So, if you think I deserve a KitKat for this app, you can donate something through PayPal.
- See the last 30 contacts you texted or who texted you
- Read the last SMS in the conversation with a contact
- Reply to a contact, typing with Tertiary Text
- Reply using quick responses written on the phone app
- Check the sent SMS sent status (for the last SMS you sent through Communicator)
- SMS delivery reports (can be turned off on Communicator's Android app)
Help me translating Communicator!
Although I'm still finding a (easy) way to get translations to the watch app, translating the Android app is easy. The problem is, I only speak two languages.
If you want to help me translate Pebble Communicator to your language, you can do it at Communicator translation page. Right now, I want to translate Communicator to French, German and Spanish. If your language is not in this list and you want Communicator in your language, send me an email so I can open the language.
1.3.0 - 26th September 2014
- Now, on KitKat, messages load in the official way. Should fix the problem on 4.4 devices.
- Added French translation.
1.2.0 - 12th July 2014
- Messages are now loaded in a different way.
- Added Finnish translation.
1.1.1 - 6th April 2014
- Fixed the eternal "Loading..." bug! (I hope...)
- Added Italian translation.
1.1.0 - 29th March 2014
- Quick messages now load as soon as the app opens, so you don't have to wait when you open a conversation.
- New feature: if you want, Communicator can now open on your watch when you receive a SMS (you can turn it on or off in the Android app).
1.0.2 - 23rd March 2014
1.0.1 - 22nd March 2014
1.0.0 - 21st March 2014
- Released on app stores!
- Quick responses bugfix.
0.9.3 - 21st March 2014
- Quick responses arrived!
- Improved pebble-phone communication.
0.9.1 - 17th March 2014
- Now you can enable/disable delivery reports.
- Improved SMS sending: now the watchapp stops requesting conversations when you open a conversation.
0.9.0 - 15th March 2014